Thursday, December 15

"Can you pray with me?"

Let's be honest, I'm not a blogger. It's been a long time since my last blog. I'm sure it's just like any other discipline and needs to be done for several days/weeks/years to form into a habit. But I still enjoy blogging because I get to share with you incredible things that God does. And the best part is that most of them are little things that I foolishly don't think are that important.


Recently Word of Life Hungary held a Counseling conference and we had guests from Hungary and the Czech Republic attending. During a break a man came up to me and asked me for some help (He spoke in Hungarian). I tried to tell him he could get help from reception. He asked "Magyar vagy?" (Are you Hungarian?) "Nem." "Oh, ok, I speak English." Then he asked me something I wasn't expecting...he asked if we could pray together. I'm not against prayer at all, but when was the last time you had a complete stranger ask you to pray with them, especially one from a different country??


So we went to a quiet place, and he explained that he was worried for his family back home with some things. We spoke for probably 2-3 minutes before we shared our names. But then we prayed, I for him and him for me. I couldn't help but walk away from that praising God. I just prayed with someone I've never met before, might never see again, and whose name I almost didn't learn. But that's the beauty of being a Christan. You cannot know the language, not fully understand the culture, not even know who they are, and yet still fellowship with them because you both have the Holy Spirit. That's the unity of the church.

Galatians3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment